Re: Comparison of ABM platforms

Subject: Re: Comparison of ABM platforms
From: Christophe LE PAGE (christophe.le_page@cirad.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 10:33:33 CET

> ps: is there an article that compares agent based platforms upon the
> implementation of the same UML model? For instance, let us take an
> easy and well known UML conceptual model on resources management and
> implement it on netlogo, cormas and swarm, repast, etc.

Bonjour Medhi,

Have a look to the 2006 article by Railsback and colleagues in
"Simulation". The
benchmark model they used to compare platforms is not specified with UML
diagrams nor especially related to resources management, but this kind of
comparison is interesting. By the way, this "stupid" model has been
implemented
with Cormas as well: see
http://cormas.cirad.fr/en/outil/classroom/example/StupidModel/index.htm

More with a couple of interesting papers I also attach to this email.

Anybody knowing other sources of information on that topic?
Best regards,
Clp