Re: tutorial no. 2

Subject: Re: tutorial no. 2
From: Paolo Campo (paoloppa@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 17:11:54 CEST

Hi Jun, The reason for the differences with the tutorial and the Cormas that you are using is that the tutorial was made for earlier versions of Cormas. Since then, the Cormas platform has been modified and some of the terms have changed. The model you are following in the tutorial is a situated agent. This means that your agent can move around the environment. Considering you are using a later(newer) version of Cormas, a situated agent now refers to "AgentLocation" so you should choose that option (click on that text) when creating your situated agent. If you want a situated agent that also communicates, then you should choose "AgentCommLocation". cheers, Paolo ----- Original Message ---- From: jun b. <balleste@gmail.com> To: cormas@cirad.fr Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:39:58 PM Subject: tutorial no. 2 Hi, I was following Cormas Tutorial no. 2. I was in step 4 - Defining an agent foraging the resource. The tutorial notes show that after clicking Add>agent> it should be followed by options Simple, Situated, Communicating, or Situated and Communicating. However, the CORMAS version I am using does not show those options. Instead it shows only agentComm, Group and AgentLocation. Am I using the wrong version? The tutorial specifies that I choose "situated" but it is not in my screen options. What could be the explanation to this? Thanks. Jun ____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase. http://farechase.yahoo.com/