a agent variable changeing its value according to t

Subject: a agent variable changeing its value according to t
From: Miao Wang (miao.wang1@newcastle.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 08:02:25 CEST

Hi all,

I have a problem of how to set a agent variable which can change its value according to t(time step)?

In my model, each agent has a variable named ¡®lifetime¡¯. It is expected that the agent¡¯s lifetime is different according to different time steps. For example: the total simulation time steps are 100, for new agents released between 1-50 time steps, their lifetime is 30(time steps), for new agents released between 50-100, their lifetime changed into 20(time steps).

I tried to set ¡®lifetime¡¯ as a global variable, and tried to change its value in the model¡¯s STEP method, but it can not be recognized by agent.

Does anyone have some idea about this?

Great Thanks!

<mailto:cormas@cirad.fr>
Miao Wang at Geomatics
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
G.19, Cassie Building,
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
England
Email: miao.wang1@ncl.ac.uk