Re: Import agents location from a map

Subject: Re: Import agents location from a map
From: Christophe LE PAGE (christophe.le_page@cirad.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 17:12:42 CEST

Bonjour Jean-François !

You may load as much .asc files as needed, one after the other, provided that
you previously defined the corresponding attributes in your Cormas elementary
spatial entity class.

Similarly, to load agents locations, you may use a corresponding .asc file
containing integer values (the number of agents located in each elementary
spatial entity, 0 if none). Then you have to define a specific attribute in
your Cormas elementary spatial entity class (call it
?numberOfAgentsInitially?) and connect the .asc file to this attribute.
Finally, a specific method to create your agents has to be written. It may look
like:

createAndLocateAgents
| newAgent |
   self theYourCellClassNames do: [:aCell |
      aCell numberOfAgentsInitially timesRepeat:
        [newAgent := self newEntity: YourAgentClassName.
         newAgent moveTo: aCell id]]

Bon courage pour la suite de l?apprentissage!
Clp