Import agents location from a map

Subject: Import agents location from a map
From: Jean-François Schepers (jfschepers@ulg.ac.be)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2006 - 16:57:25 CEST

Hello,

I’m a beginner in Cormas, I’m sorry if my question seems to be stupid ! :-)

I have imported a map from Arcview and I have loaded it in Cormas (asc
file).

I have a second map in arcview in which are located the Agents. I would like
to load them in Cormas in the environement of the first map. How can I
import the agents (social entity) location from this second map so that the
agents are visible in Cormas (in the spatial entity map)?

More widely, is it possible to load and use several maps as layers in
Cormas? For example, I have a map of the built areas and a map of the
buildable areas. I would like to use the second map to define the areas out
of where the built areas cannot extend themselves. Is it possible to use the
information of one layer (I have seen that it is possible to load several
maps in Cormas).

Thanks a lot!

SCHEPERS Jean-François

Assistant - Doctorant

Université de Liège,

Département de géographie,

Unité de Géographie économique et sociale,

2, Allée du Six Août (Bât. B11)

4000 Liège

Belgique

tel. 04/ 366 52 65 ou 57 50