Re: installation

New Message Reply Date view Thread view Subject view Author view

Subject: Re: installation
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 15:52:16 CET

Hello Jeljer,

"Hoekstra, J. (Jeljer)" a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> I have installed the latest version of Cormas under Windows XP proffesional. Here are some remarks (tips) and finally a question.
>
> The path in installCormas.zip does not contain the full pathname i.e. with Cormas/. This is easily fixed by creating the cormas directory yourself and extract installCormas.zip in the cormas directory.

Ok, you are right, I forgot to add the cormas/ directory to installCormas.zip ! Thank you. I 've just fixed that.
The new zip is now on the web site.

> Then Visualworks seemed to work OK but starting cormas resulted in an eror message which said that I should set visualWorks home directory. I couldn't do it and got a error message containg something about an administrator. So I asked him to do it. He logged in and Cormas worked fine. I (as administror) set the VW homedirectory to c:\VW7.3 and saved cormas2004.im. Now cormas runs even if I am not the administrator. I don't know why but are happy about it.

Well, the problem came from the fact that you had a previous version of VW on your computer (am i right ?)
To solve that, VW propose to modify the VisualWorks.ini file from your previous VW version. Edit this file (which full pathname is
Disk:\VW7.2\bin\win\VisualWorks.ini for ex) and modify it as following :

73 00 c:\VW7.3\bin\win\visual.exe
                       72 00 c:\VW7\bin\win\visual.exe
                       70 00 c:\VW7\bin\win\visual.exe
                       54 00 d:\VW5i.4\bin\win\visual.exe
                       30 00 d:\vw3\bin\win\visual.exe
                       25 00 d:\vw3\bin\win\visual.exe

I've also discovered that on Windows XP (and ONLY on XP), it is VERY difficult to re-associate a new .im file !

> Unfortunately then I tried to run an old model and got an error. The model does run under a version that I downloaded , I think in february last year . Now, Cormas is unable to load the model . The first and the last method that the debugger shows are shown below.
> I would welcome a tip or fix for this problem.
>
> thanks in advance
> Jeljer

The problem is not clear... Which model did you test ? Where did you find it ? Then I can test it by myself...
A lot of models proposed on Cormas site are not "up to date" !!! Sorry for that, we are really late !

Pierre

New Message Reply Date view Thread view Subject view Author view

Back to home