Messages from list : cormas@cirad.fr

Choose a topic among the following archives :

Re: runing a cormas2001 model

New Message Reply Date view Thread view Subject view Author view

Subject: Re: runing a cormas2001 model
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 17:18:29 CEST

Hello Jeljer,

Normally, VW3 should work on XP... :o/
If you have also installed VW7 on your computer, you need to modify the VisualWorks.ini file as it is explain here :
    http://cormas.cirad.fr/en/outil/fullInstal.htm
Otherwise, did you change the "read only" property of all the files and directory (of vw3) and even sub-directories ?
Otherwise... try to reaffect cormas.im to Visual.exe : « shift - rigth click » and choose OPEN WITH. Navigate to locate the file VW3\bin\win\visual.exe and associate it to .im files.
Otherwise...?...
Good luck !

Pierre

"Hoekstra, J. (Jeljer)" a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
>
>
> I have an old cormas model (cormas 2001/visual works 3.0/ windows98) that I want to use again.
>
> However, now I use a new computer running windows XP. I copied the vwnc30 plus subdirectories that I saved from my old PC to the new one. Unfortunately, it does not run. WindowsXP returns with the message that an error has occurred in visualnc.exe.
>
>
>
> I suspect it has something to do with the combination windows XP and visual works 3.0 but I am not sure.
>
> If so can I just upgrade to e.g. visualworks 4.0 or7.0 and still use cormas2001 or do I also need to upgrade cormas to the newest version? I prefer to do as little as possible. The old model works, it is big and complicated and it has been a while since I wrote it. So, making adjustments will probably be a hassle.
>
>
>
> I would like advice on how to run my old model again?
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cheers
>
> Jeljer

--
  Pierre Bommel
  CIRAD TA 60/15
  73, rue Jean-François Breton