Re: Stand alone version of Cormas Model

Subject: Re: Stand alone version of Cormas Model
From: Serge Stinckwich (serge.stinckwich@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 09:48:39 CEST

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Deb Cleland <deborah.cleland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Has anyone had any success with trying to create a runtime version of a
> cormas model?
> I found instructions here for a VW runtime
> exe: http://www.fnordistan.com/tutorials/packaging-visualworks-runtime-image.html
> However, before spending many hours trying to make it work, I was wondering
> if anyone had tried this before

I never try, but the basic idea is to remove all the code not used in
your application.
Could you give more informations about what are the problem you
encounter during your try ?

> Our local government partners have expressed interest in having their own
> copies of our Cormas model, but we can't expect them to have the time or
> knowledge to be able to download and install VW and Cormas from scratch.

I dunno for VW, but for Smalltalk like Pharo or Squeak, you could
build a one-click image that can be used on every system: win 32, OS X
or Linux. I guess similar could be done for VW.

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk