Re: Spatial Grid managment

Subject: Re: Spatial Grid managment
From: Serge Stinckwich (serge.stinckwich@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 05:56:32 CEST

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Pierre <bommel@cirad.fr> wrote:
> Olá Serge,
> We have done a (little) step further on this version with Christophe and
> Nicolas this month. Now, our plan is to work together in July during and
> after the Cormas Advanced session in Montpellier.

I will be in Bayonne at the end of june for a workshop, maybe i could
travel to Montpellier to do some work with you on the new design.

> We have also planed to put Cormas2 on the Public Repository with open source
> licence at that moment. But we had thought it would be better to put a
> stabilized version to facilitate future developments based on a cleaner
> image. But perhaps it is the wrong way to do...? We are not yet accustomed
> to work in open source.

Yes you should definitively put Cormas on the VW public repository to
have more visibility.
I'm not a big fan of VW Store, maybe you should considerer to use
Monticello, a light way to share code between several developers (very
similar to git in the open-source world):
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1287
At the beginning it was only a Squeak tool but now it is used by
several others Smalltalk like VisualWorks.

You should also setup a Google Code page: http://code.google.com/ in
order to manage documentation and issues.

What is the plan for Cormas 2, to do a redesign from scratch or made
modifications to the existing Cormas 1 ?

> On va y arriver, si si !!!

Yes :-)

--
Serge Stinckwich