Re: Cormas random

Subject: Re: Cormas random
From: Serge Stinckwich (serge.stinckwich@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 17 2009 - 05:03:54 CEST

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Jean-Emmanuel
Rougier<jean-emmanuel.rougier@lisode.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I do apologize in advance if my question is a newbie one, but as I am
> totally new in the fantastic world of Cormas…
>

> I am using the Cormas random procedure in order to have random numbers
> (yes).
>
> So, I use exactly the formula : (Cormas random*n) truncated.
>
> To obtain uniform distribution of random numbers from the sequence
> {0,1,2,…,n-1}
>
> Of course, as Smalltalk is full of tricks for a newcomers that comes from
> C/C++, I tested it.

If you want to learn how to wrote program in Smalltalk, you can read
the book: "Squeak by example".
This book is freely available on the web: http://www.squeakbyexample.org/fr/

The focus is on Squeak, an open-source Smalltalk, but it can be used
also with VisualWorks.

Best regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich