Smalltalk in Vietnam

Subject: Smalltalk in Vietnam
From: Serge Stinckwich (serge.stinckwich@doesnotunderstand.org)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 13:41:19 CEST

Hi all,

i just want to post a follow-up to a recent message i just see in this
mailing-list sent by Christophe Le Page. If you want to learn
Smalltalk, there is also a new book : "Squeak by Example" available
freely here : http://www.squeakbyexample.org/ This not about
VisualWorks Smalltalk, but there is some nice chapters about the
object model of Smalltalk.

I will soon (in october 08) join the IFI/MSI laboratory in Hanoi
(Vietnam) and i would like to know if there is any other Smalltalk
users in Vietnam (and also other countries close to vn). I already
setup a mailing-list here for people that might be interested. You can
join here : http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/smalltalk-vn

I'm also part of the ESUG (European Smalltalk User Group) board and if
you could like to setup a Smalltalk course, we could help you by
providing free teachers. Look here more information for this action :
http://test.esug.org/Promotion/Project

We also offer free copies of "Squeak by Example" (english or french).
Send me private message if you are interested.

Cheers,

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/