RE : RE : running cormas on a remote computer

Subject: RE : RE : running cormas on a remote computer
From: Mehdi Saqalli (msqalli@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 17:07:55 CEST

hello everybody
  I tried the method christophe le page proposed to investigate the computer time. however, i really don't understand how to use this interface. i mean the result looks like that (see attached file)
  but what does that mean? and how to use it?
  by the way the address for cincom visulworks is:
  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/scripts/DownloadFiles.ssp?username=saqalli&key=oVWb7Mbd9my3IAVD37%201PQ

christophe LE PAGE <le_page@cirad.fr> a écrit :

  Hmmmmm...

  I’m quite sure that displaying the spatial grid window is VERY time-consuming, so for long and big simulations, it has to be closed.

As for the "simulation panel control" window, even if the current time step is redisplayed at each time step, I would be very surprised that this is causing the major pb you are mentionning.

But bur all the other Cormas GUI windows, fixed, I really don’t believe they can consume time during a simulation run.

  What about probes, especially if you save them in a local file?

  By the way, here is one way to investigate more deeply the distribution of the computing time used during one time step of your cormas model:
  1. Load the parcel "AT Profiling" from VisualWorks main menu
  2. Select “Tools -> Advanced -> Profiles -> Time” from VisualWorks main menu: it opens a code editor window called "profile execution time". Read the explanations and do the 3 tests to understand how this tool operates
  3. Initialize your cormas model
  4. In the "profile execution time" window, enter, select then evaluate the code below:
|c|
c := CormasNS.Kernel.Cormas allInstances first.
self profile: [c runStepByStep]

  Bonne traque!
  Amicalement,
  Clp

 Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.
396017674-execution time profile.jpg