RE : running cormas on a remote computer

Subject: RE : running cormas on a remote computer
From: Mehdi Saqalli (msqalli@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 18:00:24 CEST

I have tried exactly the same trial by using a big computer. results were even poorer than my own laptop...
  I think that beyond the communication factor, in fact the calculation of each small step (for instance the growth of a crop in each "field" pixel) is not where time is loss but mainly during the "switch" from a step to an other (not a time step i would say but DURING the step)...

Paul Caplat <paul.caplat@gmail.com> a écrit :
  Hi all,
I have got the opportunity to run Cormas, remotely, on a BIG and
POWERFUL computer. Unfortunately, the simulations appear to be quite
slow. The reason I guess is that displaying the simulation windows by
the network consumes more memory than the model itself.

Do you think there would be a way of displaying the simulation windows
only when asked ? I guess it'd need some changes in the kernel...???
Paul

 Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.