Messages from list : cormas@cirad.fr

Choose a topic among the following archives :

Re: windows installation

New Message Reply Date view Thread view Subject view Author view

Subject: Re: windows installation
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 20:20:25 CEST

Yes, there is no difference if you start from a new visualnc.im and if you load the cormas parcel.
As you said it, "goodies" are not provided anymore by Cincom. The majority of its components have been integrated into vw7.4. So you just need COM Connect, DLL & C Connect and Database Connect .
Note that the "colorEditing" parcel (that is not obligatory to run cormas), has been replaced by the "RBCodeHighlighting" parcel.

Pierre

Paul Caplat a écrit :
Pierre,
merci...but unfortunately that's the first thing I check when I install Cormas, and here it does not change anything to my problem...
What about the difference between loading the parcel from the visual image and starting from the cormas image ? Isn't that weird ?
Paul

2007/4/3, Pierre <bommel@cirad.fr>:
Ola Paul,
First of all, you should check if you VisualWorks home directory is set properly : C:/VW7 or D:\vw7.4nc or something like that (but without \cormas\).
One simple way to modify it is to open the "settings" (third button of main vw windows) and, on "System" item, click on "Past Current" button.
Then, remove \cormas and apply.

After that, you should reload the cormas parcel.
Hope it's help...
Asta luego,
    Pierre

Paul Caplat a écrit :
Hi all,
I installed Cormas on a PC, which is quite straightforward, but something wrong happens when I try to run a simulation. As I press on "run" I get an error message "not understood: nbOfReplicats".
In the left-bottom panel of the debugger, the SimulationManager variable "nbOfReplicats" indicates the correct number of repetitions, but the sender is not recognized.
This happens with any initialization or model I tried.

I don't what cause it exactly, but several issues appeared during the installation:
- CINCOM does not provide the "goodies" component anymore...it has probably been replaced, but...
- when I installed the Cormas image from the "installCormas.zip" folder, I could not read the parcels, so I had to install Cormas parcel from the native visual image.

merci d'avance

Paul

(o o)      
--oOO--(_)--OOo----------------------------

Dr Paul Caplat
postdoctoral fellow
Departments of Environmental Biology / Maths & Stats
University of Guelph
Guelph On, N1G2W1
Canada

.oooO  Oooo.                
===(   )==(   )===========  
        \ (     ) /
         \_)  (_/

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.24/741 - Release Date: 31/3/2007 20:54

-- 
--------------------------------
Pierre Bommel - CIRAD - UR Green
Universidade de Brasília - CDS
SHIS QI 26, Conj. 15, Cs 18
71670-150
Brasília DF
tel : (00 55 61) 3367 3405

http://www.cirad.fr/ur/green

--
         (o o)      
--oOO--(_)--OOo----------------------------

Dr Paul Caplat
postdoctoral fellow
Departments of Environmental Biology / Maths & Stats
University of Guelph
Guelph On, N1G2W1
Canada

.oooO  Oooo.                
===(   )==(   )===========  
        \ (     ) /
         \_)  (_/

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.24/741 - Release Date: 31/3/2007 20:54

-- 
Pierre Bommel - CIRAD - UR Green
Universidade de Brasília - CDS
SHIS QI 26, Conj. 15, Cs 18
71670-150
Brasília DF
tel : (00 55 61) 3367 3405
http://www.cirad.fr/ur/green
picture

New Message Reply Date view Thread view Subject view Author view