Re: merging aggregates/ vertex isssue...

Subject: Re: merging aggregates/ vertex isssue...
From: Pierre (bommel@cirad.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 18:37:17 CET

Ola Anne,

No, there isn't predefined method to check neighbouring aggregates.
But you can use the "surround" method that returns a collection of cells that do not belong to the aggregate.
So you can use something like :

getNeighborAggregates
    "return a set of neighbor aggregates"
    | set |
    set := Set new.
    self surround do:[:cell | set addAll: cell theCSE].
    ^set

I think this method should redefine the "neighbouhood" method of SpatialEntitySet, for the next release...
Hope it helps.
Até mais,
    Pierre

Anne Dray a écrit :
Dear all,

Is there an easy way to check whether two neighbouring aggregates share at least one segment (and not just a vertex)?

I'm trying to set up a land market where farm plots (aggregates) can be sold/bought within their neighbourhood. I'd like to avoid the case when one farm can buy another one even though they only have one vertex in common.

...does it make sense ?

many thanks!
anne

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.430 / Virus Database: 268.14.10/541 - Release Date: 20/11/2006 06:48

--
Pierre Bommel - CIRAD - UR Green