Re: Re: RE : running cormas on a remote computer

Subject: Re: Re: RE : running cormas on a remote computer
From: Paul Caplat (paul.caplat@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 06:17:45 CEST

Haha...you're right Pascal, it would not come to mind to criticise
Cormas in itself, and even less to think of a 1:1 model (as would say
other modellers, that becomes religion, ie creating a second world
:-D).
I was just pointing out some limitations that have appeared within my
own practice. I need to work at a certain scale without losing the
details. Not a BIG scale, I let it to other models, but for biological
reasons I would like to extend the typical "cormas midscale" a little
bit. Not so much. And if I find a hint about how it would be possible
to do it (that is, running without a graphic interface on a unix
shared memory computer), why not digg in that direction for a while ?
That does not change, I believe, the core of Cormas. Maybe I am wrong.
And if I am, disposing of a way to improve running time would not be a
loss for everyone, even those working at small scale.
Now, I am actually amazed how a good computer (eg, a mac :-D) has been
able to extend the Cormas running time capacities (or more precisely,
what I believed to be those capacities).
cheers
Paul