Building an Interface

Subject: Building an Interface
From: Etienne Kouokam (kouokam@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 10:38:50 CEST

Good morning all,

I've built an inteface using the smalltalk GUI (Graphic User Interface) but I'll like it to interact with another application that I've implemented using Cormas. That is, to open the smalltalk GUI (MySmalltalkGUI) from the Cormas model (e.g. MySmalltalkGUI open. I've tried it but it doesn't work), retrieve information entered in MySmalltalkGUI to instantiate some objects of the cormas application. For example, I'l like to associate a value (myValue) entered through the GUI to a specified object (myObject) of the cormas model and I don't know how to proceed to establish the link. The GUI I've built is a subclass of ApplicationModel.

On the other way, how is it possible to use a button on the smalltalk GUI (MySmalltalkGUI) to activate an Item of the cormas Menu, namely the item "Probes" of the Menu "Visualisation"

Finaly, I'll like to know if there exists tutorials explaining how to build a GUI on Cormas

Best regards

Etienne KOUOKAM
Laboratoire MAT (Modélisation et Applications thématiques)
Université de Yaoundé I
Département d'Informatique
B.P 8265 Yaoundé CAMEROUN
Tél. (+237) 505 24 01 / (+237) 200 09 16